Tuesday, September 2, 2008

FINALLY...an update...

Yes, the Newton's are alive!!

After a very long month of August (it always seems to be that way for us teachers), the Newton's are slowly getting back to 'normal'.

We spent much of the month traveling to our final trip destinations for the summer. We spent a weekend at the Ranch in Cotulla and Cameron spent Labor Day weekend at my mom and dad's house in Austin. I have so many pictures to post and I will as soon as I can get some time after school...the computer there is soooooo much faster!!

One big reason for my 'non-posts' is because of morning sickness!! YUCK!! I remember now why hated being pregnant those first few months! On top of a new grade level at school, staff developmental, setting up a new classroom, and the normal routine of life, I got strep throat last week! Double YUCK!! And (don't read this if you have a queasy stomach) I threw up twice in two different parking lots while going from doctor visits to TRYING to go to school. Needless to say, after five long days of laying in bed, I am finally feeling a little better! Strep throat and morning sickness do not go together!

So, for all of you who asked (and so nicely e-mailed me to remind me to update the blog) we are due April 4, 2009! Cameron will be almost three when the baby is born. I don't think he really gets that we are having a baby, but he will tell you that there is a baby in mommy's tummy and that he wants a baby sister. He actually gets mad at you if you say it is a brother. What can I say...he likes the girls?!?! So, as of now, I am 9 1/2 weeks pregnant. We saw the baby a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't as far along as they thought I was (which I already knew...why don't doctors listen?). To me, that just meant more time of morning sickness!! But, the doctor did order another ultra sound on September 15. I am excited to see the baby again!!

So right now, I have a little blueberry growing in my tummy! Josh and I couldn't be more excited! Also, I have some awesome video of when I told Josh, his mom and dad, my grandma, and my aunt. I will post those later this week!!

Thank you for those of you who read this post with no pictures! I am going to get better at this...I promise!

0 comments: