Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Wow!! What a busy Thanksgiving this year! Well, actually...it is always pretty busy!

We started off Wednesday afternoon headed to Austin to spend the night with Josh's family. We had a great chili dinner that night and woke up Thursday morning to play the annual Celina Bowl. This is a family tradition that has been going on for many years and although I couldn't play this year, it was still fun to watch! We even nominate an MVP that gets a trophy to display for the entire year!

After the game, we headed back to Josh's cousin's house for the Thanksgiving dinner. I was looking forward to Cameron eating away, but it ended up being his nap time and he slept right through the entire dinner!! Oh well...

We left there and headed for my family's ranch in South Texas. We had to make it before the Aggie game. Or should I say the Longhorn game...I'm not too sure the Aggies even showed up to play! It is always fun to watch the game at the Ranch with all of my cousins (who are all Longhorns). I do have to say it was better the last two years, when we won!! We enjoyed the weekend watching a ton of football, eating way too much food, and chasing the Cam-man around!

Speaking of Cameron...he loves the Ranch! (or Bebbee's house as he calls it) He loves to go looking for cows and watching the horses. This year, Mark corned the roads (for you non deer hunters that is what you do to get the deer to come out) so that Cameron could see some deer. He really enjoyed seeing the deer eat the corn and as he says "I saw 2, 4, 6, 7 deer." He especially enjoyed feeding the horses carrots and throwing rocks in the tank by the house. On his down time in the house, he summoned everyone to play his new fishing game....which was $4 at Target and totally worth every penny of entertainment (well for me at least b/c he wanted everyone else to play, I just got to relax...thanks everyone!!)

Anyways, enjoy these pics from our Thanksgiving! We are looking forward to getting ready for the next holiday!!

One of the many people he got to play the fishing game...


Heading to his first deer stand with Bebee (he wouldn't go in because of the bugs)


Riding with Mimi in the back of the jeep...


I think Cameron actually thinks he is going to drive that thing by himself...


Brian already teaching him to play poker (Cameron wanted to sleep with the poker chips...)


Cameron wasn't scared at all to feed the horses...


The horsey says 'CHEESE'...


By the way...we actually do have pictures of the big Celina Bowl, I just have to get them off of my MIL's camera...so please don't think that I am leaving them out...more to come later!!

I hope you all had a great thanksgiving! As I said all week, there is nothing better than being 5 months preggo and having Thanksgiving. I ate my weight in leftovers this week...my doc will be so proud!

1 comments:

Erin Michelle said...

I love Cameron's face at the top of the page! His "huh?" face is so cute!!