Sunday, June 14, 2009

"I don't wanna be 3..."

Well, it is official, my little Cameron is three years old today! When you tell him that today he is three, he replies with:

"I don't wanna be 3, I wanna be 4!!"

Well, I don't want him to be 3, or 4, I want him to stay 2!! He is growing up way to fast! Josh and I are so lucky to have such a sweet, sweet boy. We have so much fun with him daily and he truly helps us laugh every day. I am amazed at the things that come out of his mouth each day...if I could only see what was going on in his head.

Happy Birthday Cameron. Mommy and Daddy love you so!!

Dear 3 Year Old Boy,

We can't believe you are three today. We can both still remember the day you were born as if it were yesterday. The anticipation leading up to that day was gut wrenching. It was as if it would never come. And now, we could of never, ever imagined how much joy you would bring the both of us! Where is time going?

You amaze us each day. We have SO much fun with you playing Thomas, wrestling on the floor, watching your MANY shows, playing in your shark pool, eating popsicles on the back of the truck at night, giving you your baths, reading bed time stories...and so, so much more. Your imagination is really coming in to play right now. You love to watch a movie and then pretend you are that character. You make up your own songs and even have your own language that only you understand (well and sometimes your cousin Jace). You are starting to get an opinion about many things (what you want to wear, what you want for dinner, what jibitz you want on your crocs...) and I think it is preparing us for what is to come.

Your best friend is by far your Daddy. And you ask him daily, "you my friend daddy?". The two of you have so much fun together and you are definitely daddy's little helper. Anywhere daddy is, you are usually right beside him. You love to meet him at the door each night when he comes home from work. You can make him melt with your sweet "I love you daddy's" that come from nowhere.

You are such a sweet brother to Cade. You constantly give him your 'mama' when he is sad to comfort him. It is so sweet how you even find the satin edge of your blanket (your favorite part) and put it in his hands. When Cade cries in the car, you usually sing him songs (your favorite is Jesus loves Me). You had about one day of jealousy when Cade came home. You are so patient with him. I know that the two of you will be best buds one day.

You are definitely a momma's boy, and your momma loves it! Anytime you get hurt (even the littlest thing) you come get a kiss from mommy. You say it makes you feel better. In the mornings or nap when I go in to wake you up, you always make me lay down with you, you put your arm around me and say "I just love you mommy". Melts my heart every time. I really appreciate you making me laugh everyday when it is just me, you, and Cade. There is never a dull moment thanks to you!

We hope that this next year brings you much fun and laughter. We hope you continue to love life the way we love having you in ours! Enjoy your special day!

Love,
Mommy and Daddy

p.s. pics of the big party to come later!

3 comments:

Jayme Bures said...

Three years old! How is that possible!!!?? It seems like you were just pregnant with him and I was feeling him kick! WOW!!

Sam and Courtney said...

Happy Birthday, Cameron! We hope you are having a great day!!!

Anonymous said...

Mimi loves you Cameron! I'm so glad I got to spend the day with you on your 3rd birthday. Thank you for always letting me read "Danny & the Dinosaur" to you and for always going to the Park with me. Love you big guy! Mimi