Monday, February 9, 2009

Cameron is a BIG BOY!!

New twin size quilt: $25 on sale at Target

New twin size headboard: $150 at Pottery Barn Outlet (a great story by the way)
New train sheets: $8 on sale
Watching your son turn in to a big boy: Priceless, and a little sad too!!

I have been wanting to post this for quite a while now! Over Christmas, Cameron made the transition into his big boy bed. It took a while for me to find bedding that I liked, but as of now, I am satisfied. I was really trying to stay away from anything to 'themey', but you all know by now that the boy loves trains. So, I caved in and bought him some train sheets and you can't even see them in the picture.

The transition has been very smooth and Cameron still has no idea that he can even get out of his big boy bed on his own. He still waits for Josh or I to come in and get him each morning. I love going in and checking in on him at night...he looks like such a big kid all snuggled in his big boy bed.

We have two problems though...one, he is still attached to the pacifier (or 'tass' as he calls it) and if he loses it at night, he starts crying so we have to go in there and find it for him. And then, he fell out of the bed one night. Probably the saddest thing that Josh witnessed, but when he walked in to Cameron's room 2:00 in the morning, Cameron was crying, still half asleep laying on the floor. Luckily, he didn't hit anything, but still a little scary for the lil man! Now, Cameron will only sleep close to the wall because 'Pamron might fall off'.


The Before



Cameron trapped while we take down the crib.


And the after:





We took out Cameron's chest of drawers and right now, his clothes get hung and pj's and socks got into these buckets in his hutch. I didn't think I would like it very much, but I love that we are using his hutch more now, rather than just for decoration!

Also, you can see that his train table is now in his room. This is the best thing ever and he spends so much more time playing in his room. Before, the table was in his closet and we would have to pull it out each time he wanted to play with it.

All I have left to do is find some thing to hang on the walls. What you see now was left over from his nursery and is not staying. Any suggestions?

1 comments:

Sam and Courtney said...

Hey Dawn!

I agree, it is sad and exciting, to see your first baby get so big! Cameron is just so handsome...we need to let him and Ally play more often! :)

Sorry I had to miss Saturday! I hope you had fun and got lots of great things!