Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Sunday Craft Project

We are in the final phases of putting Cade's room together. I promise to post pictures of the finished project once we get everything for the walls. I am still waiting on a few more pictures and curtains. (Well, waiting for the fabric for the curtains to go on sale at Hobby Lobby so I can actually afford it!!)

Anyways, I have always loved the letters in Cameron's room, and wanted something similar for Cade's room. After searching for cute letters on the internet, I couldn't see myself spending $15-$30 a letter!! So, thanks to all of my creative friends out there, I headed to Hobby Lobby to make them myself. $29 later, I had all the items I needed, and an idea in mind.

So after purchasing:
**four pieces of scrapbook paper
**four picture frames
**the letters C-A-D-E and
**some ribbon
and this is what I have:These pictures don't do my craft project justice, and I still have some 'tweaking' to do, but overall, I'm happy with the outcome.

Now the question is, do you think Cade will notice what his mommy did for him?

4 comments:

katie newton said...

I LOVE IT!!!! Way to go Miss Crafty!!! It looks awesome!! Did the glass fit on top? I couldn't tell from the pic. I promise Aunt Katie will tell him how hard his mommy worked on it! :)

Julie said...

Dawn, I love it! What a great idea! I can't wait to see the rest of his room when it's finished!

Kim and Scott said...

How cute! Cade will definatly appreciate all of the hard work that you have done for him. I can't wait to meet the little guy!

JS said...

So SO cute! I love it! Good job!