Monday, May 4, 2009

Eli's Surgery

Eli will have surgery tomorrow (Tuesday) at 10:00 a.m. The surgery will take about four hours.

I got to talk to Michelle (Eli's mom) on Saturday evening. She said that each day gets a little easier to make it through. They will be at Texas Children's for quite some time...at least two weeks after Eli's surgery.

Here is an e-mail that we received from Michelle on Saturday:

Hi! I am just wanting to let you all know that I appreciate all your support during this difficult time. I am currently in Houston at the Texas Children's Hospital. Eli was admitted here around 2 am on April 29th. On Tuesday night, Eli turned blue and started breathing irregularly. I called 911 and they took him to College Station Med. From there, we were flown to Houston. On Wednesday, they told us that Eli has coarctation of the aorta. His aorta is too narrow for blood to pump through. Luckily, they were able to stabilize him and he is slowly coming off support from machines. On Monday, I will find out who his surgeon is and when the surgery will be. Hopefully after surgery, he will be on the road to recovery. I will be up here for quite some time with him. I will try and keep everyone updated on how his surgery goes. Thank you again for all of your love and support!

After talking with Michelle on Saturday, she told me that she just wants to hold him again. She said the last time she held him was after the paramedics took him from her. My heart breaks for her. She is very nervous about the surgery, but the doctors are very optimistic.

Continue praying for the Prukop family. I will let you know as soon as I know something.

Here is a picture she sent with her e-mail. This is Eli reading at six days...(he is a teacher's son you know!?!?)

2 comments:

katie newton said...

I just prayed for them... with tears rolling down my cheeks. Thanks for the update and you better be posting one later today after the surgery! :)

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

In the excitement of Allison's engagement I saw your name... I was a friend of Josh's in college and had heard about his children... I am so thankful that you have a blog and that I stumpled upon it. Your children are beautiful and it seems that you guys are having the best time. My family and I live in Singapore and although we are very far away... College Station just seems like it is next door with all the aggies that are EVERYWHERE.