Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Sweet Two Month Old



How can you not think that this is the sweetest boy you have ever seen? And lucky me...I get to spend each day with him and his sweet brother. I am truly one lucky momma!!

Today, Cade, Cameron, and I ventured off to see Dr. Ransom for Cade's two month check-up. To make a long story short, Aunt Katie was going to watch Cameron for me, but silly me thought that the doc's appointment was at 11:50 and on a whim, decided to call the office. Yes, the appointment was at 10:50. Luckily, we were already out and about, so I just headed to the doc's office. Cameron got to eat a big sugar cookie at 11:00 in the pediatrician's office. I am sure Dr. Ransom just thinks I am a great mom!!

Cade is doing great! He is still battling a little thrush, so he is on yet another antibiotic. He weighed in at a whopping 12lbs. 5 oz. and 22 1/2 inches long. That puts him the 75th percentile for weight and 50th percentile for height. Silly side note...Dr. Ransom had a medical student in today and when she checked Cade's height, she put him in the 30th percentile. Now, that is great and all, but my husband wants two basketball players. I made Dr. Ransom check it again when he came in for the check up. I felt bad, but the student had indeed done it wrong, so I didn't feel that bad.

Cade was a trooper for the shots. I didn't want Cameron to freak out because he gets his shots in three weeks, so I told him that Cade had to get medicine in his legs and he was o.k. with that. Cade screamed a little, I closed my eyes (I hate needles), and Cameron watched from a distance.

I love that Dr. Ransom always ends his visits with 'Dawn, you're doing a great job'. He doesn't have to say that, and heck, he's probably lying (remember the sugar cookie at 11:00 a.m.?), but just that fact that he says it makes me feel pretty good!!


And here is a little about the Cade man at two months:

**He is smiling all the time!! I love seeing his sweet smile, especially in the mornings.
**He really seems to notice my voice and always turns to look for me.
**He is sleeping from about 9:30 to about 4:00 every night. I have to get up about once in between that time to give him the paci.
**After eating at 4:00 a.m., he goes right back to sleep but starts waking up between 6:30-7:30. That is when Josh and I tag team and play the 'Put Cade's paci in' game. It is a fun game and anyone who wants to play is welcome to come right on over any morning!!
**He is usually up for the day by 8:30.
**I am trying to get him on a schedule. He takes a great 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon, we are working on the morning nap. I love my afternoons b/c I have worked really hard to get both boys to nap at the same time.
**He is a great eater and since the prevacid for his reflux is working so great, we don't have to clean up near as much spit up.
**He hates the car and is fine for about 10-15 minutes, then let the screaming begin. Sorry for anyone who has been on the phone with me when this happens!
**He is not a fan of tummy time, but will put up with it for about 5-10 minutes.
**He loves his rain forest play mat that his Mimi bought. And I am very grateful for the mat also as it allows me to get a shower in each day.
**Overall, he is a very happy baby and we are so lucky to have him!!


Don't you just love this little grin?

I think he looks like Rico Suave in this picture (or he is pooping?!?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I am so in love with these two guys! No fair posting pictures of Cade because I cannot squeeze him! But I'll be there this weekend!!! Love, Mimi

Lynn Masters said...

I can't wait to squeeze him next month!!!!!

The Bryants said...

He is so cute! We have to get the boys together soon. I am very jealous of how long he sleeps for at night!! =)