Thursday, July 23, 2009

Cade is 4 months!

On July 21st, Cade celebrated his four month birthday!! I honestly cannot believe that it has already been four months. Oh how fast time goes...

I finally am starting to feel that I don't have a 'newborn' anymore. Cade has really started laughing and talking this month. Every morning after eating, he plays with his friends. His friends are the animals that hang from his play mat, which include a giraffe, a red bird, an elephant, and a set of play keys (I couldn't find the other the animal that goes on there...). He talks to them and grabs at them, and most importantly, tries to eat them. The kid puts anything that touches his hands into his mouth!!

Cameron still continues to be his favorite toy. He laughs at him when he plays and will find him wherever he is in the room. I love that each one of them love each other so much right now. I will try so hard to remember these times when they are teenagers and probably spend the day fighting like my brother and I did. Lucky for us, we became pretty good friends! There is nothing better than being so close to your sibling!

So here is a list of things that Cade is doing right now (both good and bad...):
**He is on a great schedule...up each day by about 8:15, takes two good naps (about two hours in the morning and three in the afternoon) and two good cat naps during the day.
**We have finally mastered nursing. It took some time, and I am so glad that I stuck with it, but he is a great eater!!
**He randomly will eat in the middle of the night. I would say about three times a week, he will eat and then go back to sleep. Other nights we get up 3-4 times to put the pacifier back in. I can't wait to sleep an entire night!!
**I know he is capable of sleeping through the night. We have talked about letting him cry it out, I'm just not ready yet. I hate a crying baby...especially mine!
**The only way he will sleep is if he is swaddled. I have tried unswaddled (or one arm out) but he wakes himself up after about 6 hours and then we are up for the rest of the night! NO fun at all...
**He is now on prevacid twice a day. Dr. Ransom said we could see a spike in his reflux around 4 months, and sure enough, we have! I just hope the spitting up goes away soon!
**He poops about once every three days...and then he REALLY lets it all out! I never thought I would think so much about poop! This is complete normal for breastfed babies, so I'm not that worried.
**He has finally become a better car rider. He doesn't scream his head off every time he is in the car! (I was originally driving Josh's truck for the space, but now I moved back to my RAV so Cade can watch Cameron in the car. Thank you Cameron for entertaining him for me!!)
**Almost rolling from stomach to back...he is oh so close!
**Loves his changing table and smiles the whole time he is on it!
**He is losing his hair on the sides and on the back. He still has REALLY long hair on the top. I could put it in a ponytail if he was a girl. It makes for a nice comb-over.
**Loves to hold toys and rattles and put them straight to his mouth.
**Mamma gave him the sweetest little lamb blanket that he sleeps with every night. When he gets out of his swaddle, he holds on to it really tight.
**He loves to go from a sitting position to a standing position (with your help of course) and is so proud of himself when he stands up.
**He loves his Bumbo seat and enjoys eating at the table with us each night!
**He laughs so much!! I love his little laugh. And seriously, that smile makes the reflux, sleeping, and crying issues all go away and totally worth it!

Current measurements (exactly the same as his brother at 4 months):
Weight: 15lbs 8 oz (75th percentile)
Height: 25 inches (50th percentile)

Now for a funny. One day, Cameron burped really loud while Cade was in his swing. Cade started laughing. It was so funny and Cameron was so proud of himself for making Cade laugh. We have since learned that Cade loves the sound of someone burping, so you can hear this sound often in our household. Pretty disgusting, but seriously, we love to hear him laugh.

For your enjoyment, I have posted a video of him laughing. I must say that I truly apologize for the annoying sounds that I am making. But, I will do anything I have to to hear my sweet boy laugh!

We love Cade and are so happy you have joined our family!!


2 comments:

Lynn Masters said...

OMG I loved the video! HE"S SOOOO CUTE!!!!!

The Smallwood Family said...

he's so cute Dawn! I love when they get out of that newborn phase! And such a true boy that burps make hime laugh :)