Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Please Pray

My friend and fellow teacher, Michelle, gave birth to her sweet baby boy Eli exactly one month after Cade was born, on April 21st. Michelle and I teach right next door to each other and were very lucky to go through pregnancy together. There were many of morning sickness days between the both of us!!

Our other fellow teacher, Kortni, received the following information yesterday and passed it on to our school family:

Last night I received a phone call from Michelle's sister Megan. As of last night Eli was being flown to Texas Children's Hospital in Houston in critical condition. From the short amount of time that I was able to talk to her she said that he had too much acid in his blood and that he had an infection that could be affecting his heart. Megan texted me this morning and said that they are waiting to hear from the doctors. So please keep Eli, Michelle, and Jacob in your thoughts and prayers today. I will update you all as I get new information. Thanks and have a great day!

I ask that anyone reading this blog today to please send a special prayer for Eli, Michelle, and Jacob. This is such a special time for their family and I hate that Eli is sick. I wish I could explain to you the amount of excitement Michelle has had for Eli's arrival, as any first time mom would have. Here is a picture of Eli when he was born, such a sweet boy!! I will keep you updated.

2 comments:

Kim and Scott said...

I will keep Eli in my prayers!

katie newton said...

I'm so incredibly sorry to hear that... its heartbreaking. PLEASE update us and let us know how he's doing!!! I'm saying a prayer for them right now.